It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the section “What rights do I have?”
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect and process personal data about you when you:
- visit and/or register on any websites owned and operated by us (including www.sv-casa.com, & www.svinternationaldesign.com) (collectively, our Site);
- place an order with us as a guest or as a registered user on our Site;
- use a third-party service offered by service providers such as analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, and any other third party service providers that we choose to collaborate or work with, and we obtain your personal data from those third parties;
- Provide us with your personal data via: our physical stores, Wi-Fi, mobile devices, social media platforms/networks or telephone enquiries, your application for or use of our services or loyalty programs (such as our Privilege Cards or Private Sales);
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION, AND WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THIS USE?
We process personal data for the following purposes:
To conduct our business and pursue legitimate interests, in particular:
- To provide our services to you, including: responding to any questions you may have, providing you with recommendations on products in our collections; maintaining your shopping cart on our Site; assessing your applications with us for any of our services or loyalty programs; fulfilling any orders you may make with us (including verification and security checks of your details, processing of your payments, shipping products that you have ordered to you, and processing returns or exchanges of products you have purchased)
- We monitor use of our Site and our services (both online and offline), and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline.
- To analyse trends, usage, browsing and shopping behaviour with us (whether on an individualized or anonymized and aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective customer base access and use our Site, stores and services, for the purposes of:
- improving our services;
- to respond to customer desires and preferences;
- measuring the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
RELYING ON OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
We have carried out an assessment on all the data processing activities described above in order to weigh up any privacy implications against our legitimate business interests. You can obtain information on any of our assessments by contacting us using the details set out later in this policy.
WITHDRAWING CONSENT OR OTHERWISE OBJECTING TO DIRECT MARKETING
Wherever we require your consent under applicable law, you will always be able to withdraw any consent provided to us. We shall cease to use your personal data for the purpose in respect of which you have withdrawn your consent, but we may still use, process, store and transfer your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. Specifically, in the case of customers from the European Economic Area (EEA), we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our business or legitimate interests. Irrespective of the legal basis on which we rely to send you direct marketing, you have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by: (a) contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or sending your request by post to; Privacy Officer, SV International Limited, 1613, Hong Kong Plaza, 188 Connaught Road West, Hong Kong SAR, or (b) in the case of direct marketing emails, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such emails.
WHO WILL WE SHARE THIS DATA WITH, WHERE & WHEN
We will share your personal data with the related companies of SV International Limited for the purposes set out in How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use? section above.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes set out in How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use? section above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on our behalf for the purposes identified in Clause 3 above. In particular, we use the following third-party providers:
- Courier services;
- E-mail/SMS/MMS/WeChat blasting services;
- Data storage and cloud service providers (for storage of your personal data and hosting of applications that process your personal data for the purposes identified in this policy);
- Google, Facebook and other advertising networks (for matching of your personal data with their database in order to send you our direct marketing materials through your Google and/or Facebook account(s));
Your data, in an anonymous form such that your identity cannot be ascertained, may also be sold to third parties for their own purposes.
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
If you are located in the EEA, where information is transferred outside the EEA, and where this is to a business partner or third party service provider in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, data will be adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification or third party or business partner’s Processor Binding Corporate Rules. A copy of the relevant mechanism can be provided for your review on request to the contact mentioned in the section How do I get in touch with you? below. Your personal data may be transferred to Hong Kong and Macao Special Administrative Regions, Mainland China, Taiwan Region, Indonesia, Singapore, Australia, United States, and Japan.
WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE?
Where permitted by law, you have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct , delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, if you are located in the EEA you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we do not have to process the data for business or other legitimate interests, purposes for which consent has been given (including direct marketing) or other legal requirements).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are available under applicable laws. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, you can get in touch with us – or our Privacy Officer – using the details set out below. (Applicable only if you are located in EEA: If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.)
HOW DO I GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our Privacy Officer, SV International Limited, 1613, Hong Kong Plaza, 188 Connaught Road West, Hong Kong SAR. You may also access, verify or update your personal data by logging into our Site